Hair masks are useful in treating dry and damaged hair.
They are easy to make and often include only one or two ingredients.
The effectiveness of a hair mask can be increased by adding heat. Heat helps the healing properties of the mask penetrate the hair more deeply.
Simple ways to add heat:
- Wrap a old towel around your hair
- Use a shower cap
- Wrap your hair in plastic wrap
- Apply hair mask in the shower after shampooing, stay in the shower with the hair mask on. The heat from the shower will help the mask soak into the hair follicles.
The following coconut-lavender hair mask will condition your hair and give it a lovely shine. The coconut oil penetrates the hair., repairing damage, while the lavender adds a relaxing scent which makes the entire experience more enjoyable.
How to Make a Coconut-Lavender Hair Mask
You will need:
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil (depending on your hair length)
In a small bowl mix the coconut oil and lavender essential oil.
Apply the coconut oil-lavender mixture to dry hair and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
Wash out with warm water and a gentle shampoo.
If you have any trouble getting the excess oil out of your hair, try using a vinegar hair rinse.
PIN FOR LATER: