The following is a soothing herbal soak I created recently. It aims to relieve sore muscles and relax the body (and mind).
This DIY bath soak recipe uses dead sea salts and Epsom salts, both containing high levels of magnesium. The magnesium in the salts is a great way to relax the body. Bathing in these salts is also an excellent method for increasing magnesium intake as the skin absorbs the magnesium while you soak.
Magnesium is also useful in treating insomnia, anxiety, back pain, and stress.
Lavender and chamomile are also included. These add a lovely herbal scent and infuse the water with soothing and healing properties. The heat of the bath helps these oils diffuse into the air, making this a rich aromatherapy-type experience.
The following ingredients work together to deliver this little relaxing package:
- Dead Sea salt (where to buy) – 2 cups – Can also be used to make magnesium lotion
- Epsom Salt (where to buy) – 2 cups
- Dried Lavender Buds (where to buy) – 1/2 cup
- Dried Chamomile Flowers (where to buy) – 1/2 cup
- Lavender essential oil (purchase here or here) – 10 drops
- Coconut oil (where to buy – best price I’ve found) – 1 tablespoon
- Muslin tea bag, wash cloth, or pie of cotton fabric (to hold the ingredients for the soak in the bath)
Method for creating an herbal bath soak:
Place the salts and herbs into a large bowl. Stir to combine.
Place the coconut oil in a small cup and drip the lavender essential oil over the top. Stir to distribute evenly. (This is done to dilute the essential oil and help it distribute evenly throughout the salts and also in the bath water.)
Add the coconut oil/lavender mix to the salts and mix until well blended.
Add four tablespoons of this mixture to a muslin tea bag and place in a warm bath.
Soak for 10 to 20 minutes.
Add remaining soak to a container and store for up to 6 months.
Want to Create your own handmade products?
Check out the Hand Made Masterclass!
- make your own nourishing soaps with natural colorants
- beeswax candles in Mason jars
- herbal infused body butters and moisturizers
- create your own customized tinted lip balms and lipsticks
You’ll also get:
- countdown calendar to Christmas to help you plan out your handmade gifts
- tried and true recipes for making your own handmade natural products
Each project is broken down in the amount of hands on time, cost per item, how long until you can use the item, and so much more!
The class includes 8 lessons and video tutorials, plus a bonus lesson on how to make herbal salves and ointments.
**If that’s not all, you’ll also get a physical paperback copy of _Hand Made: the Modern Guide to Made-from-Scratch Living._*
It’s really the hand made jackpot!!