This is one of the simplest body scrub recipes you'll ever make. The best part is, you likely have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now.
Body scrubs are great for exfoliating the skin. They leave skin feeling soft and smooth. Removing the dead skin cells via exfoliation also boosts your skin with a healthy glow.
Make this simple scrub for yourself or give it to a friend.
The recipe can easily be doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled. Just keep the 2:1 ratio. Use two parts sugar to one part oil. Then add 1 tsp of vanilla for each cup of scrub.
How to Make Brown Sugar-Vanilla Body Scrub
This recipe is adapted from one in my ebook, The Body Scrub Bible.
Mix the sugar and 1/2 cup of oil. Make sure scrub is thick, but not too runny. Sugar scrub should hold together and not slide right off your hand. If it's too thin, add more sugar, if too thick, add more oil.
Add vanilla and stir to combine.
Package in a clear jar. Label with ingredients, especially if giving as a gift).
Customize this scrub even further by adding one of the following:
- 8 drops sweet orange essential oil (buy from Amazon or Mountain Rose Herbs)
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee beans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 drops lavender essential oil (buy from Amazon or Mountain Rose Herbs)
- 1 tablespoon grated cocoa butter (buy from Amazon or Mountain Rose Herbs)
Latest posts by Stacy Karen (see all)
- Whole 30 Tips for the Super Busy and High Distractible - January 11, 2018
- Homemade Tomato Sauce – Whole30, Paleo, Primal - January 11, 2018
- 5 Simple Ways to Detoxify Your Home and Body - January 5, 2018