We love fresh fruit at our house. It makes a great snack without being a lot of work or mess. Sometimes though, we want to mix things up and get a little fancy. That’s where my Healthy Fruit Dip recipe comes in handy.
The recipe is so easy to make that I can toss it together and have it on the table in just a few minutes, which is perfect when kids are hungry and asking for a snack. Because the ingredients are simple and ones that I always have on hand I don’t have to worry about thinking ahead and planning it.
I love making up this dip and a fruit platter for potlucks and picnics. We even use it as a simple dessert for parties and other events. It’s great with just about any fruit so use what is available and in season. Fruit that is in season for your area is often less expensive and can be purchased at markets and farms to help support local families.
Healthy Fruit Dip Recipe
- 1 large container (32 Oz) Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4th of a cup Honey
- 1 brick (8 oz) Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix either by hand or with an electric mixer. It is helpful to soften the cream cheese a bit but it will blend in cold if you need to. Keep it refrigerator in and it will last about a week, if you can keep it from being eaten before then.
You can easily change this dip by adding other flavor extracts (almond, mint, etc.) and more! Try swapping out the honey with maple syrup and adding ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg to make it “autumn spice” flavored. Add a tablespoon of cocoa powder and you have chocolate dip. 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and it makes an amazing spread for apples.
Our favorite fruits to have with this dip are berries and apple slices but it also works well as a dip for graham crackers or even spread on biscuits with a little jam or fruit on top. I will often pack it in my daughters lunch along with an ice pack and it stays fresh.
I hope you enjoy this healthy fruit dip recipe! I’d love to hear what you think of it.
Want to Create your own handmade products?
Check out the Hand Made Masterclass!
- make your own nourishing soaps with natural colorants
- beeswax candles in Mason jars
- herbal infused body butters and moisturizers
- create your own customized tinted lip balms and lipsticks
You’ll also get:
- countdown calendar to Christmas to help you plan out your handmade gifts
- tried and true recipes for making your own handmade natural products
Each project is broken down in the amount of hands on time, cost per item, how long until you can use the item, and so much more!
The class includes 8 lessons and video tutorials, plus a bonus lesson on how to make herbal salves and ointments.
**If that’s not all, you’ll also get a physical paperback copy of _Hand Made: the Modern Guide to Made-from-Scratch Living._*
It’s really the hand made jackpot!!
Latest posts by Kailyn (see all)
- How I Easily got my 3 year old to Eat a Kid Friendly Pizza Salad - August 4, 2016
- This Fruit Dip Recipe is a Simple and Healthy Family Favorite Recipe - July 7, 2016
- 5 Quick and Easy Tips for Drinking More Water Each Day - June 23, 2016