Every time there is a new bundle sale, I go crazy making natural body care products, new recipes, and home remedies. I just can’t help it. I love that so many resources are available that clearly explain how to do these things at home. It’s wonderful.
This time I made solid perfume (from the MadeOn Personal Care Edition in the Natural Skincare section of the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle Sale).
I know they look like lip balm! But instead they a scented sticks you can carry around and apply at any time. They are scented with essential oils, making these perfume sticks all-natural. Woo-hoo!
How to make Solid Perfume Sticks
I have adapted this recipe from My Buttered Life Personal Care edition
2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
1 tablespooon apricot kernal oil
1/4 cup beeswax pastilles
3/4 teaspoon essential oil (like lavender or sweet orange)
1. Add beeswax and oils to a heavy duty glass measuring jar (make sure it’s heat proof. Use a canning jar if you are not sure).
2. Place jar in a pot and pour water into the pot so it comes up the sides of the jar (past the ingredients inside the jar).
3. Warm the water and ingredients over medium heat.
(You could also melt everything in a double boiler instead).
3. Remove from heat, stir in the essential oils and pour into lip balm tubes.
4. Allow to harden before covering with a lid.
Pretty easy, right?
Latest posts by Stacy Karen (see all)
- Why I order Cleaners, Toothbrushes, and Razors through the Mail - September 25, 2016
- Make 10 Natural DIY Beauty Products in an Hour - September 24, 2016
- My New eCourse, The Healthy Living Bundle, & Special Bonuses from Me! - September 21, 2016