Orange essential oil has a wonderfully cheerful scent that's refreshing and uplifting.
I love including orange essential oil in my homemade cleaning recipes because of the scent, but it also helps boost the cleaning power of my DIY cleaners.
Here are three easy homemade cleaners you can make with orange essential oil.
Note: to make these I use sweet orange essential oil, not bitter orange essential oil. It could be replaced with mandarin or tangerine essential oil, if desired.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon natural dish soap
- 15 drops orange or lemon essential oil
Pour into a large spray bottle. Cap and shake to blend.
Cinnamon-Orange Sink Scrubber
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 drops sweet orange essential oil
Mix all ingredients and pour into an airtight container.
To use: Sprinkle a few tablespoons of the mixture into the sink and use the scrubby side of a sponge to
Citrus Carpet Deodorizer
Combine all ingredients and sprinkle lightly over carpets. You may not need all the mixture, depending on the size of the area over which you intend to use it.
Let mixture sit on carpet for at least an hour. Vacuum thoroughly.
Add a fresh scent to the bathroom by placing 5-10 drops of orange essential oil on a cotton ball and placing inside the toilet roll.
My favorite place to buy Orange Essential oil is Rocky Mountain Oils.
Latest posts by Stacy Karen (see all)
- Whole 30 Tips for the Super Busy and High Distractible - January 11, 2018
- Homemade Tomato Sauce – Whole30, Paleo, Primal - January 11, 2018
- 5 Simple Ways to Detoxify Your Home and Body - January 5, 2018