Since discovering so many food allergies, I’ve had to revamp my meals quite a bit.
One of the main difficulties has been eliminating most grains. This has involved replacing tortillas, breads, and grain-based side dishes.
One of my favorite meals has been the one I’m sharing today. My family enjoys is too. Which means I don’t have to prepare two meals!
Basil Beef Lettuce Wraps
Recipe adapted from 42 Healthy Dinners
3 tablespoons coconut aminos
2 teaspoons fish sauce
Juice from 1 lime
2 teaspoons sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 bunch basil leaves, roughly chopped,
plus more for garnish
Lettuce, for wraps (such as red or green leaf
or butter lettuce)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, fish sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, and garlic. Set aside.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and onions and sauté until tender.
3. Once tender, remove the bell peppers and onions from the skillet and set aside.
4. Add ground beef to the same pan and cook until browned.
5. Add the peppers and onions back to the pan and stir to distribute evenly. Add basil leaves and cook until wilted.
6. Spoon the basil/beef mixture onto the lettuce leaves and wrap the leaves around the meat like a burrito. Add more basil leaves as a garnish, if desired.
Want to Create your own handmade products?
Check out the Hand Made Masterclass!
- make your own nourishing soaps with natural colorants
- beeswax candles in Mason jars
- herbal infused body butters and moisturizers
- create your own customized tinted lip balms and lipsticks
You’ll also get:
- countdown calendar to Christmas to help you plan out your handmade gifts
- tried and true recipes for making your own handmade natural products
Each project is broken down in the amount of hands on time, cost per item, how long until you can use the item, and so much more!
The class includes 8 lessons and video tutorials, plus a bonus lesson on how to make herbal salves and ointments.
**If that’s not all, you’ll also get a physical paperback copy of _Hand Made: the Modern Guide to Made-from-Scratch Living._*
It’s really the hand made jackpot!!