I’ve mentioned these tasty treats a few times, but I’m not sure if I communicated just how much I like them!
The recipe is over at The Marathon Mom if you would like to try them for yourself.
I make a few changes when preparing them for my hubby (and he really likes them):
- Roast almonds in the oven for a few minutes and then make almond butter following my peanut butter recipe (but replacing peanuts for almonds). Use this almond butter in the recipe.
- Use dark chocolate chips
- Add a tablespoon of Maca powder
- Occasionally I use almond meal if I am out of flaxseed. It works great.
I think that’s all the changes I made.
One more thing I would like to try is soaking and dehydrating the oats to make them easier to digest. If I do this, I’ll let you know how it goes.
These granola energy balls make a great power snack.
What are you favorite power snacks?
Want to Create your own handmade products?
Check out the Hand Made Masterclass!
- make your own nourishing soaps with natural colorants
- beeswax candles in Mason jars
- herbal infused body butters and moisturizers
- create your own customized tinted lip balms and lipsticks
You’ll also get:
- countdown calendar to Christmas to help you plan out your handmade gifts
- tried and true recipes for making your own handmade natural products
Each project is broken down in the amount of hands on time, cost per item, how long until you can use the item, and so much more!
The class includes 8 lessons and video tutorials, plus a bonus lesson on how to make herbal salves and ointments.
**If that’s not all, you’ll also get a physical paperback copy of _Hand Made: the Modern Guide to Made-from-Scratch Living._*
It’s really the hand made jackpot!!