I’ve mentioned these tasty treats a few times, but I’m not sure if I communicated just how much I like them!
The recipe is over at The Marathon Mom if you would like to try them for yourself.
I make a few changes when preparing them for my hubby (and he really likes them):
- Roast almonds in the oven for a few minutes and then make almond butter following my peanut butter recipe (but replacing peanuts for almonds). Use this almond butter in the recipe.
- Use dark chocolate chips
- Add a tablespoon of Maca powder
- Occasionally I use almond meal if I am out of flaxseed. It works great.
I think that’s all the changes I made.
One more thing I would like to try is soaking and dehydrating the oats to make them easier to digest. If I do this, I’ll let you know how it goes.
These granola energy balls make a great power snack.
What are you favorite power snacks?
Latest posts by Stacy Karen (see all)
- Green Up Your Laundry with Grove Collaborative - June 6, 2017
- How to Quit Coffee and Replace it with Healthier Alternatives - June 2, 2017
- My Hashimoto’s Story - June 1, 2017