Holy Basil is a wonderful herb that can significantly improve your health.
Ever heard of it?
Holy Basil is also known as Tulsi and is different to common basil.
Holy Basil is primarily used for fatigue, arthritis and other inflammability disorders.
The best things about Holy Basil is that it is an adaptogen.
What is an adaptogen?
Herbs classified as adaptogens don’t have specific actions of their own, but rather help the body adapt to change.
Other herbs classified as adaptogens include: Ginseng, Ashwaganda, and Astragalus.
Many of these supportive herbs are known to build the immune system, fight fatigue, and reduce stress.
“Adaptogens greatly improve your body’s ability to adapt to stress, whether it’s a hectic schedule, heat or cold, noise, high altitudes or any number of other stressors”.
(Read more here.)
Learn more about adaptogens here.
Holy Basil is thought to be particularly helpful in fighting fatigue and reducing stress.
With the way life is these days, I think most of us could use a little help in these areas!
Besides helping the body deal with stress and fatigue, Holy Basil has many other benefits, such as:
- supports normal cortisol levels (stress levels)
- helps support normal blood sugar levels
- enhances athletic performance
- strengthens respiratory system
- anti-bacterical (not strong enough to fight infection, but is a great suppport)
- helps increase milk supply
- primarily used for fatigue, arthritis and other inflammability disorders
- helps reduce mental fog
- helps with recovery of brain trauma
Note: some studies suggest Holy Basil depletes fertility. This is not an overwhelming possibility, but something to be aware of if that is a concern for you.
How to include Holy Basil in your diet:
Holy Basil is readily available in capsule form at most health food stores. It can also be purchased from a variety of online sources, including Amazon.com (affiliate link).
Simply take a few capsules a day (as directed on the bottle) and that’s it.
Since my recent bout with a stress-related illness, I’m adding Holy Basil to my daily supplements. I love how it is able to enhance the good stuff that is already going on in my body, and provide aid in dealing with the not-so-good things.
Have you tried Holy basil? Did it help?
Want to Create your own handmade products?
Check out the Hand Made Masterclass!
- make your own nourishing soaps with natural colorants
- beeswax candles in Mason jars
- herbal infused body butters and moisturizers
- create your own customized tinted lip balms and lipsticks
You’ll also get:
- countdown calendar to Christmas to help you plan out your handmade gifts
- tried and true recipes for making your own handmade natural products
Each project is broken down in the amount of hands on time, cost per item, how long until you can use the item, and so much more!
The class includes 8 lessons and video tutorials, plus a bonus lesson on how to make herbal salves and ointments.
**If that’s not all, you’ll also get a physical paperback copy of _Hand Made: the Modern Guide to Made-from-Scratch Living._*
It’s really the hand made jackpot!!