I was first introduced to the idea of having a Salad Supper when graduating from Bible college in 2001.
Every year during graduation week, the ladies would have a Salad Supper. There would be a speaker, some awards and recognition, and everyone would bring a favorite salad to share.
It was lovely.
Because graduation is usually during warm weather, salad was a perfect supper! Especially for ladies.
Ladies like salad. Right?
I thought it was very fun and unique anyway.
Since then I’ve used this idea for a few get-togethers with other ladies.
It’s very simple.
Each person brings a salad to share.
As long as everyone doesn’t bring a plain, green salad, it’s good.
Another option, is to have a build your own salad dinner or lunch.
Going this route means you can handle it on your own or ask guests to bring one part of the salad to share.
Place each salad component in a bowl or combine a few on a platter, such as sliced veggies. Let each person make their own plate, just how they like it.
Some ingredients to consider including:
- Mixed greens
- Fresh herbs
- Salad nuts
- Cheese, diced cheddar or crumbled blue, feta or Gorgonzola.
- Dressing and vinaigrette – like this simple shallot vinaigrette and this Balsamic dressing with thyme.
- Boiled eggs
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Chicken, sliced
- Snow peas or sugar snap peas
- Shredded carrot
- Avocado, sliced
- And whatever else sounds good. I’m sure you can think of lots more!
The great thing about hosting a build your own salad lunch is that everything is simple to make. You can get most of it ready the night before and rest easy the day of the get-together.
What do you think? Do these salad suppers sound doable?
What else would you add to my list of salad ingredients?
Some of the other High Five Moms are sharing hospitality tips on their blogs, too.
Check them out:
Latest posts by Stacy Karen (see all)
- Make 10 Natural DIY Beauty Products in an Hour - September 24, 2016
- My New eCourse, The Healthy Living Bundle, & Special Bonuses from Me! - September 21, 2016
- My Favorite Shampoo For Kids (BeautyCounter Giveaway) - September 17, 2016