Clay masks are one of the easiest natural beauty products to make. They are very effective in removing toxins from the skin and are well loved for their pore cleansing and skin balancing abilities.
Many types of clay will work for this mask. See the different varieties of clay here.
How to make a full body mud mask
Makes enough for one whole body treatment.
- 1/2 cup powdered clay (read about the different types of clay here)
- 1/4 cup water – You could use cooled herbal tea instead of water, if desired. Chamomile tea would work well.
Instructions for making (and using) a full-body clay mask
Mix clay and water (or tea) to form a smooth paste.
Paste should be thick and have a pudding like consistency
Stand in the shower, without the water running.
Using your hands or a brush (such as a clean paint brush) spread the mud evenly over your face and body. (You may also use a spatula, if desired). Be sure to cover your legs, arms, face, and torso, but be sure to avoid your eyes.
Wrap yourself in a large towel (or put on a robe) to keep warm while the mud dries.
Leave the clay mask on for 15 minutes. Shower off with warm water. Once the clay has been removed, do an extra rinse with cool water rinse, if desired.
Pat the skin dry and moisturize with body oil or lotion.
Want to Create your own handmade products?
Check out the Hand Made Masterclass!
- make your own nourishing soaps with natural colorants
- beeswax candles in Mason jars
- herbal infused body butters and moisturizers
- create your own customized tinted lip balms and lipsticks
You’ll also get:
- countdown calendar to Christmas to help you plan out your handmade gifts
- tried and true recipes for making your own handmade natural products
Each project is broken down in the amount of hands on time, cost per item, how long until you can use the item, and so much more!
The class includes 8 lessons and video tutorials, plus a bonus lesson on how to make herbal salves and ointments.
**If that’s not all, you’ll also get a physical paperback copy of _Hand Made: the Modern Guide to Made-from-Scratch Living._*
It’s really the hand made jackpot!!