One way to create a delightful home is to add a special touch to daily tasks or events. Doing something out of the ordinary helps break up the mundane and makes your loved ones feel special.
Rose petal ice cubes bring fun and interest to the plainest of summer drinks (even water).
It’s also an educational project . . .did you know rose petals are edible?
How to Make Rose Petal Ice Cubes in Three Easy Steps:
1. Fill an ice cube tray half way with water. Freeze.
2. Place one rose petal on each cube, then pour one teaspoon of water over each petal. Freeze again. (This step anchors the petals to the cube so they don’t float to the top but are actually embedded inside the ice.)
3. Once the water has frozen the rose petals to the ice cube, fill the tray with water completely and freeze until solid.
Use in your favorite beverage.Shown below in Herbal Sun Tea:
You don’t need a big rose for this project. I used a little bud from the backyard.
Just make sure you know if the Roses have been sprayed with any kind of chemical (we don’t want chemicals in the ice cubes!).
This would be fun for a regular day or a tea party. My daughter was so surprised to see rose petals in the ice cubes. It was priceless.
Want to Create your own handmade products?
Check out the Hand Made Masterclass!
- make your own nourishing soaps with natural colorants
- beeswax candles in Mason jars
- herbal infused body butters and moisturizers
- create your own customized tinted lip balms and lipsticks
You’ll also get:
- countdown calendar to Christmas to help you plan out your handmade gifts
- tried and true recipes for making your own handmade natural products
Each project is broken down in the amount of hands on time, cost per item, how long until you can use the item, and so much more!
The class includes 8 lessons and video tutorials, plus a bonus lesson on how to make herbal salves and ointments.
**If that’s not all, you’ll also get a physical paperback copy of _Hand Made: the Modern Guide to Made-from-Scratch Living._*
It’s really the hand made jackpot!!