This is my favorite sugar scrub to make. It easily rivals anything I have ever purchased!
Excellent as a body scrub, it is also lovely to use on your hands when you need a quick pick-me-up. Citrusy and fresh, this scrub will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
Once you have the ingredients on hand, it will take all of 5 minutes to put this beauty together.
And, may I encourage you to invest in some good essential oils? I put it off forever, thinking they cost too much, but now that I have them, I use them all.the.time. Not just for making body products, also for cleaning, and homemade remedies for sick, or tired folks. I get most of mine from Mountain Rose Herbs. But have also purchased some of the Aura Cacia brand through Frontier Co-op and at the health food store.
Lemon- Lime Sugar Scrub
1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted over low heat.
2 cups sugar
20 drops lime essential oil
3-5 drops lemon essential oil
3 drops orange essential oil
3 drops bergamot essential oil
½ teaspoon green sugar sprinkles, optional (I didn’t use them in the scrub pictured)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil(May substitute Safflower, Jojoba or Avocado oil.Or make a mix of a few of these to add up to ½ cup)
- Mix all ingredients, except for olive oil, in a large bowl.
- Gradually add olive until you reach the desired consistency.
- Put in a pretty jar! And add a label.I love to make my labels using the funky fonts from Kevin and Amanda’s Fonts for Peas. They are awesome.)
- Scrub on desired area and rinse off with water. (Is especially useful to aid in the sloughing of dead skin…back of arms, hands etc.)
- Enjoy the refreshing fragrance of lemon and lime.
Have you ever made (or used) sugar scrub? What’s your favorite sugar scrub scent?
If you like this scrub, you will probably enjoy my e-book, Simple Scrubs to Make and Give. It’s on sale now!
Want to Create your own handmade products?
Check out the Hand Made Masterclass!
- make your own nourishing soaps with natural colorants
- beeswax candles in Mason jars
- herbal infused body butters and moisturizers
- create your own customized tinted lip balms and lipsticks
You’ll also get:
- countdown calendar to Christmas to help you plan out your handmade gifts
- tried and true recipes for making your own handmade natural products
Each project is broken down in the amount of hands on time, cost per item, how long until you can use the item, and so much more!
The class includes 8 lessons and video tutorials, plus a bonus lesson on how to make herbal salves and ointments.
**If that’s not all, you’ll also get a physical paperback copy of _Hand Made: the Modern Guide to Made-from-Scratch Living._*
It’s really the hand made jackpot!!